My First Square Birthday Cake

Share

This was my first attempt at a square cake. Not too bad. They are definitely more tricky to ice. If you're not careful, you can rip a whole corner off, therefore ruining the whole cake. This was my first monogram fondant letter. I put black sprinkles on it. This is an example of how I'm learning as I go. I did not cover all the sides with the sprinkles so the white sides are showing, which is driving me insane! If I try to do anything with it though, the sprinkles will come loose and get all over the nice white cake. I will do better next time. This was also my first time forming fondant flowers. They are tricky. I'll keep practicing. Luckily, the customer just wanted a yummy cake and did not care how it was decorated. This was a basic yellow cake with buttercream icing.