Baby Shower 2-Tier Blue & Brown Cake

Share
( Inspiration cake)


This cake was a chocolate and yellow marble cake with chocolate buttercream icing and then covered in fondant. Everything is edible on the cake. There were no cupcakes with this order. Man are those stripes hard! I'll have to practice that more.
Originally, the customer wanted the striped tier for the top tier and the all brown with circles for the bottom tier. However, I realized I would not be able to cover the stripes' ends. I will put the inspiration cake on here as well. You'll see the inspiration cake has another tier on top of the striped cake and therefore able to hide the unsightly ends. Again, I'm learning as I go here. Also, I have to work on the issue of the bulging at the bottom edge of the bottom tier. My cakes are SO moist and with the weight of the top tier, even with dowels inserted, it's causing a sinking affect. I may make my dowels a little higher so there is NO weight at all on the bottom cake. I'd hate to change my cake recipe!